Tuesday 26 August 2014


Descriptive Essay

My Favorite Food.

               
 
I would say that I love Malaysian Indian food. Coriander, turmeric, cumin and curry feature heavily in Indian dishes along with rich ingredients such as ghee, yoghurt and chili. The best way to describe Indian food is elaborate, fragrant and hot. I love it because I love to eat spicy food and I love the curry smell. Indian food typically utilizes three main elements, ‘Masala’ or fragrant spices, “Dhal’, lentil soup in a pasty texture and chutney. Bread is oven-baked into circular, flat shapes while meats are usually cooked in curries or fried in bright batter. Mutton Kurma, Roti Canai and Tandoori Chicken are the most Indian food that I love.

 Mutton Kurma or mutton curry is a delightful dish of lamb or mutton cooked in a medley of spices-coriander, aniseed, peppercorns, turmeric, cloves, star anise, cinnamon sticks, nutmegs and cardamoms. Cumin is its main ingredient, giving the curry a rich yellow complexion. The taste is simply a delightful blend of spiciness that’s not too overpowering with an explosive zing in the middle. How can I refuse that dish if mutton is the very favorite of mine.

Next is Roti Canai. I am sure that not only me who loves this dish. I think all the society love it. Roti Canai is very common among the Malaysian. A favorite for breakfast, Roti Canai is the ultimate in simplicity and taste. It is basically a kind of pancake made by combining wheat flour, oil, ghee, or butter, rolled up into a ball and then swung into the air until it takes a flat, oval shape. It is then fried on a hot iron plate and served with dhal, chicken or fish curry. There are many variations on the same theme that include putting in eggs to make it ‘Roti Telur’, sardines to make it ‘Roti Sardin’, bananas to make it ‘Roti Pisang’ and so on. Roti Telur is my favorite one.

Last but not least, the extremely be my favorite Indian food was the Tandoori Chicken. Tandoori Chicken is the whole spring chickens or chicken quarters that are marinated in a deep red batter with yoghurt and spices and then skewered on a metal stick. They poles of chicken are gingerly placed in a steaming hot circular oven from the top. Covered for a time and then lifted out, the result is a delicious red chicken that is wonderful to the tongue. Tandoori chicken goes well with a spicy mint sauce and plain or unleavened Naan bread. I always eat this during the weekend with my whole family.

As the conclusion, Indian food is something that delicious and interesting. I would prefer to all the food lover to try this kind of food. I am sure that the Indian food would be your favorite food after you have a try on it.

4 comments: